Reading List

  • Girlfriends' Getaway
  • Farmer Jane, Temra Costa
  • A Moveable Feast, Earnest Hemingway
  • Holidays on Ice, David Sedaris
  • The Lacuna, Barbara Kingsolver
Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yoooo Looook Mah-velous!

Remember that skit by Billy Crystal where he would be interviewing someone and then just blurt out in the middle of them talking, "Let me tell you something, dahling, youuu looook mah-velous, simply mahhh-velous!" Well, maybe I'm dating myself by bringing it up, but he comes to mind when I think of Spring Fashion!! I capitalize because it's just that awesome to think that there is even such a thing as Spring! Woo hoo, I'll say it again: Spring!!!!!!
OK, now that we've gotten that love-fest over with, what the heck are you going to wear once this uber-fabulous season arrives? Well, dearies, I've been doing some investigating (don't say I never did nothin' for ya) and I think the fashions for this Spring are going to make you happy. Some of my personal highlights:

  • It's all about comfort! Clothes are drapey, billowy, gauzy, layered, as seen here (click through the slide show to the Michael Kors dress at the end-- divine!!)
  • There is life after skinny jeans! OK, I confess, I actually have come around to skinny jeans and really like mine, but fashion-wise, I've never been a fan of the one-note sonata. So, I'm glad to see that the flare jeans are coming back. High waists are coming back, too, but they won't be around for long, as they are very hard to wear. My advice-- wear the waist rise that works for you and don't worry about it. But flare jeans are pretty much the most flattering fit for anyone. They make your thighs look skinny and they make you look tall. What's not to love about that?
  • Pale neutrals.... OK I'm a little blah on this one, but I think they way I'd wear this trend is to punch it up with a little color here and there. Maybe a pale neutral suit with a great coral tank or even a colorful statement necklace. The pale pieces can make up the foundation of your wardrobe, and then accent with more fun colors. 
  • Coral! Think pastels punched up. So, pink becomes coral, baby blue becomes turquiose. These are the fun, accent colors that you can play with in your accessories, t-shirts, tanks, even shoes
  • White! Even though some fashion houses are showing head-to-toe white, I really don't think it's a good idea for most. You'll end up looking like you should be admitting patients to the ER. Instead, get some great white jeans, maybe a white jean jacket, but don't wear them together. Use white as an accent. And remember, anywhere you put white will look larger!
OK, I'm doing this when I really should be in bed, so I'm not posting photos and links like I know I should...I'll try to get those in later. In the meantime, have fun looking forward to Spring, pick 1 or 2 of these trends that you want to embrace, and HAVE FUN!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Back to TOP

Glamour Bomb Templates